Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Alisha - Quilt Bee Block Updates

I've been so busy this month but I had to squeeze in my bee blocks, I was late with a few last month and that's just not cool.


This block was for the Piece Bee With You bee. The hostess was asking for cat blocks and posted a picture of her kitty. This was my take on her cat sleeping on a self. I've very happy with how it turned out!













These blocks were for Annaliese from The Pewter Acorn . This pattern is from Quilt magazine June/July 2011 page 45, Deep Blue Seas by Nancy Rink. This is for her daughter who is headed to college in the fall - what a great idea!










This block is for MaryCatharine in the Modern Blocks Bee. All block bees can be found in the book Modern Blocks. This block is named Potager and can be found on pages. 146-147. The fabrics are from the Nicey Jane line and I think this will be a beautiful quilt.



These 3 blocks are from the Simple Bee and are based on colors requested by the hostess each month.
Anna requested pink and green (I'm also doing this color scheme)
Swedish fishie requested aqua and red (a favorite combo of mine)
Hrbrae requested celery green and yellow

The tutorial for the block can be found here - it's super fast to put together.



These two blocks are based on a tutorial by Elizabeth Hartmen called Mod Mosiac found here. Heidigoneaussie requested blocks based on Kona cotton solids. I chose to do Orange and Canary.














These two are for the same bee Mod Mosiac and were for Smoooche. She sent a sample of the pink, purple, yellow and gray for the sashing - the rest came from my stash. This should be a great quilt!











This is a granny square block for Phoung from the Gone Quiltin' Bee. She sent all the squares and I pieced it. The tutorial can be found here. I've been in several charm swaps and I think there will be a granny square quilt in my near future!












Thanks!!

Alisha Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment