Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Ashley- Minnie Mouse Party Part. 3

Hey everyone! I have been working for days now cutting out what seems like millions of Minnie Mouse heads to use for the decorations for Melody's party and this is how I used just a few of those heads.



I've seen banners like this on pinterest and I thought they were just too adorable so I thought that I would try my hand at it and make a tutorial of it so you could make one too if you wanted to. First off let's get your supplies rounded up.

You will need:

Scissors
Glue gun
Gluestick
Ribbon
Black Cardstock
Printer with Paper
Hole punch
Mickey/Minnie Mouse Silhouette printed out
Disney font
( you can find free ones, you can find them on pinterest)

First things first take your printed out Minnie Mouse head silhouette out and cut them out. You will use these to trace the heads onto the cardstock. I know it's hard to see in the picture I'm sorry I couldn't find a pen or pencil to make a easily visible line so I ended up using a red felt tip pen.


After you trace all your heads that you will need ( if your just writing out the words "Happy Birthday" you will need 13 heads) you will cut out the heads. Once all your heads are cut you will get your ribbon out and start cutting lengths of ribbon out to make your little bows. If you are having trouble making the bows you can look on pinterest and they have awesome tutorials with a step by step process. 


After you get them cut it's time to tie!


Now that you have all the bows made you can set them aside and fire up the computer. You can find the font I used on my pinterest account under party ideas if you're following me.



 I made the letters size 200 and I made them BOLD and I capitalized them all. Print out your letters making sure to first let the ink DRY and second to leave enough space in between them to cut your circles out around them. The guide I used to make my circles before I cut my letters out was actually the ribbon spool that you see in the picture up above. At any rate cut out your letters. Then it's time to get the gluestick and get to work gluing your letters to your Minnie heads.


So your letters are glued on now so we will move onto making the holes to weave your ribbon into. I have a tiny hole punch that makes these little baby holes so I actually had to hole punch 4 times in a line to make the holes big enough that the ribbon doesn't fold in on itself.



It didn't show either so that was nice, nobody will be able to notice if you have to make more then one punch. Go ahead and get all of those punched out and then we are on the final stretch. After your all done with that take your Minnie Mouse heads and weave them onto your ribbon in order like this.


This next step that I did is optional, what I did was I got my hot glue gun out and heated up and I spaced out the heads where I wanted them and I glued the ribbon and the head together so they won't get shifted when I store them (since the party isn't until Sept. 8th lol) and that way it won't pop my bows off if the heads shift around on the ribbon . But if you decide to skip that step you still need to plug in the glue gun so you can glue your bows onto the ribbon.



Remember a little glue goes a long ways.


Wait for your glue to cool and...... 


your new adorable Minnie Mouse banner is ready for the party!!!



Enjoy!




Pin It

1 comment: